In addition to academic development, proper attention is given to the social development; skills and understanding that children need to interact efficiently with one another. The boarding life affords the students the opportunity to relate with one another and socialize in a healthy manner.
The students are comfortably accommodated in five hostels, which are named after note-worthy women in Nigerian history, namely:
- Moremi (Queen of Ile Ife who protected the Yorubas during time of war);
- Bassey Enene (an Efik Princess);
- Mary Slessor (the heroic female evangelist who stopped the killing of twins in the South Eastern part of Nigeria);
- Remmington (the first principal of the college);
- Queen Amina (the warrior from the Northern part of Nigeria).
Students from these hostels can be differentiated with the diverse colours of their day-wears, namely:
blue, purple, red, yellow and green respectively.