P.T.A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GIRLS’ COLLEGE, CALABAR.
Mr. Samuel Enoh – Chairman
Dr.(Mrs.)Ijeoma Essien – Principal
Ms. Violet Oyama – Vice-Principal (Administration)
Mrs. Fadayomi, N.A – Vice-Principal (Academics)
Mr. Aniagolu, R.N – Vice-Principal (Special Duties)
Dr. Isaac Okeme – Vice-Chairman
Mrs. Onyemachi, N – Senior Boarding House Mistress
Mr. Agada, A.A – Member
Mr. Egaga, F.I – Secretary
Mrs. Takon, E.E – Assist. Sec.
Mr. Walter, I.U – Fin. Sec.
Dr. (Mrs.) Okoli, Georgina – Treasurer
Hon. Tateh Joe – P.R.O
One of the main objectives of the P.T.A in Federal Unity Colleges in general and F.G.G.C. Calabar in particular, is to provide a platform for parents, guardians and sponsors of students of Federal Unity Colleges to meet, exchange views, critically analyze issues, make recommendations and effectively pursue implementation of decisions on matters affecting the College.
There has been a very cordial working relationship between the P.T.A and the College administration. PTA’s contribution to the development of the college include:
- Repair of the College pavilion damaged by windstorm
- Procurement of 15 Nos. Electric poles and restoration of power after the windstorm plunged the College in darkness.
- Reconstruction of the only access road from the College gate to the Pavilion which hitherto was not motorable.
- Procurement and installation of flood light within the College.
- Construction of taps at the Dining area.
- Purchase of diesel for the College generating plant/water pumping.
- Employment of 24 part time teachers and 8 non-teaching staff.
The P.T.A of Federal Government Girls’ College, Calabar stands for progress. This we will continue as God gives us the enablement.
Parents, old girls and friends of the college are welcome to give individual contributions towards the development of the college.